Maintenance and Special Events Labor
This position requires knowing a little about a lot of things!
Person must be available every First Friday of the month to assist with event needs of Canton First Friday including sign placement, trash pickup, stage setup (including lights and sound), tent setup, and other needs as they arise.
Canton Arts District
Must be able to commit at least 10 hours a week for projects in the Canton Arts District to include public art maintenance, power washing, sweeping, gallery cleaning and maintenance for Avenue Arts. This part of the job is flexible and schedule can be accommodating. Some weekend or evening hours to provide setup assistance for special events (with at least 3 weeks notice).
Occasionally assistance will be needed on projects outside of downtown like installation of public art in other Stark County cities, errands, etc. All these things have fairly flexible timing.
Be able to lift 75lb.
Be available first Friday of every month from 12pm-12am
Have knowledge of sound and lighting setup
Be able to pass regular drug screenings
Clean driving record
Must be able to work as a team player and have a little fun!
Pay is $10/hour.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $10.01 /hour
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required language: English
Required license or certification: Driver's License
Deadline for submission of resume and letter of interest is April 10 at 4pm. Please email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
As the county arts council, ArtsinStark creates smarter kids, new jobs, and a healthier community through the arts. To achieve its mission in an increasingly challenging philanthropic environment, ArtsinStark is formalizing and expanding Advancement operations. A grant was awarded by the Goldsmith Foundation to fund a part-time Advancement Assistant to help implement a robust multi-faceted, year-round development operation, conduct meaningful Annual Arts Campaign responsibilities, as well as help launch a fee-based creative consultancy and Legacy Giving program.
The Advancement Assistant position is a seasonal, part-time position available immediately. The position will remain open until filled. It requires approximately 25 hours per week for 35 weeks. Wages will be paid by the hour every-other week. There are no additional benefits. The Advancement Assistant will report to the Vice President of Advancement.
Primary responsibilities to include:
- Supporting the organization in preparation for its 2017 Annual Arts Campaign;
- entering contact reports and solicitor data, triggering Outlook reminders, and running queries in Raiser’s Edge;
- coordinating annual arts campaign workplace fundraising events;
- securing new corporate sponsors;
- contacting new donors to welcome and thank them; and
- assisting the VP of Advancement with a variety of activities to include:
- developing/managing a volunteer program;
- enhancing donor communications;
- grant research/writing/reporting; and
- support launching two new programs: the ArtsinStark Legacy Circle as well as the Genius Experience (corporate art-based training and creative consultancy).
- Plus, performing other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year of experience in fundraising and three years experience working in non-profit field preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and well organized.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, problem-solve, and follow through to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license, and to have access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work remotely or in ArtsinStark office, with high degree of self-discipline and accountability.
- Ability to provide a strong donor-centric experience.
- Ability to adhere to ArtsinStark’s drug-free workplace policy.
Please send cover letter and resume to: SKleiber@Artsinstark.com No phone calls.